Mark your Calendar for 9th Annual America Recycles Day (ARD)
The Global Paint for Charity, Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful, and Gwinnett County Solid Waste Division & Partners would like to invite you and your neighbors to participate in America Recycles Day (ARD) on Saturday, November 14, 2020, between 9 AM and 2 PM at Coolray Field (2500 Buford Dr, Lawrenceville, GA 30043-2104), home of the AAA Gwinnett Stripers, the Atlanta Braves affiliate in Lawrenceville.
We are very excited that we can still join our partners to provide this suitable event to the local residents. The COVID-19 pandemic caused many people to renovate their homes, which resulted in tons of leftover paints in their basement. Did you paint your home or a room during quarantine? Do you have leftover latex paints from your quarantine projects that you can’t get rid of? (huff!! huff!!) Well, we have some good news for you. Celebrate America Recycles Day by bringing them to Global Paint for Charity to support our paint inventory for local community beautification projects and our paint donation programs worldwide. Donate your leftover paints and help us change lives.
Here are some things to remember before you come:
- Latex paint only (limit of 10 gallons per vehicle). Make sure you seal the lid of the containers (buckets and cans) tightly.
- Electronics ($15 cash fee per monitor or TV; $5 cash fee per printer)
- Paper (shredding up to 5 copier boxes)
General America Recycles Day COVID19 Precautions
To ensure the safety of our attendees, the Gwinnett County Solid Waste Division staff and partners, there will be certain precautions in place to help navigate the COVID19 social distancing guidelines:
- Registration is encouraged to reduce congestion. Please visit https://www.globalpaints.org/volunteer or VolunteerGwinnett.net to register.
- All attendees are encouraged to wear masks
- All attendees should remain in their vehicle at all times
- Items and materials to be recycled should be placed in disposable containers or boxes
- Containers (Buckets or Cans of paint) or boxes of quarts should be placed in the trunks or backs of vehicles where they will be removed by Global Paint representatives, and will not be returned.
This level of preparedness and awareness will enable a safe and successful event for everyone. For more information, please call the Solid Waste Call Center at 770.822.7141 or Global Paint for Charity at 855-853-7772.
Since 1997, waste management agencies and communities across the country have come together in November to celebrate America Recycles Day. It is one day to get our neighbors, friends, and community leaders excited about what can be accomplished when we all work together to keep our planet clean and beautiful. One event to make recycling a more unique and fashionable day than any other days of the year.
Please check our TAKE ACTION page for information about organizing a Paint Drive in your community, or to learn more visit www.globalpaints.org - TAKE ACTION!!